Main objectives of this project:
- Rehabilitation and Installation of the Network of Vocational Technical Training Institutions of the Ministry of Education.
- Curricular reform of Professional Technical Education at basic and intermediate level.
Level II Courses (7th, 8th and 9th Classes).
Level III Courses (10th, 11th and 12th grades).
Three key areas of action:
- Industrial Area Courses.
- Area of Administration and Services Courses.
- Courses in Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Industries.
- Health Area Courses.
- Expand Professional Technical Education as the engine of the Country's development.
- To implement technical vocational education according to the guidelines expressed in the basic education system law.
- Improve student learning.
- Increase and improve the network of professional technical education infrastructures.
- Equip the rooms, laboratories and workshops, so that experimental technological teaching can lead to an apprehension of the most significant learning and the performance of a profession.
- Contribute to a lifelong perspective of education and training.
- Develop new technical courses and new curricula.
- Ensure the formation of teachers at the pedagogical, didactic, technical and organizational levels.
- Ensure Training in the areas of school administration and organization.
- Create and produce new Schoolbooks.
- Facilitate the transition to the business world and the labor market.
Promote a formal link to the business world and the labor market through
- From the creation of a structure of professional qualification levels.
- The creation of comprehensive training areas for most of the professional activities planned in the country.
- From the completion of a professional aptitude test to the conclusion of the courses.
- The support in the professional insertion of the students with the offices of insertion in the active life.
- The visibility of training in the work context in the curricular plans.
- From the introduction of the discipline of technological design.
Promote some creative innovations:
- Courses organized according to training areas.
- The programs will give greater importance to essential and structuring skills and.
- Clear emphasis on student acquisition of competencies.
- A dossier for each course.
- A manual for each discipline Introduction of a disciplinary area integrating current themes.
- Basic computer education in all technological courses.
From a pedagogical point of view:
Level III courses (10th, 11th and 12th grades) enable young people to:
- Carrying out a profession in the labor market.
- Create your own workstation.
- Continuing their studies in higher education.
Training areas and courses offered by the RETEP Project
- 7 Training Areas were created.
- 27 Courses were created in the 2nd Cycle of Secondary Education - Technical Media Training.
- 15 courses were created in the 1st Cycle of Secondary Education - Basic Professional Training.
Technical Media Training
Administration and Services
- Administrative and Services Technician.
- Accounting technician.
- Accounting and Management Technician.
- Statistical Technician.
- Business Management Technician.
- Secretarial technician.
Communication and Information
- Project Manager.
- Civil Construction Works Technical Team.
Electricity, Electronics and Telecommunications
- Industrial Electronics and Automation Technician.
- Electronics and Telecommunications Technician.
- Electronics / Audio, Video and TV Technician.
- Electrical Technician and Electrical Installations.
- Mechatronics Technician.
- Auto Electrician and Electronics Technician.
- Computer technician.
- Computer Systems Management Technician.
- Management Computer Technician.
- Computer Technician / Multimedia Systems.
- Mechanical / Industrial Maintenance Technician.
- Mechanical / Cold and Air Conditioning Technician.
- Mechanical Engineer.
- Machinery and Motors Technician.
- Industrial Chemistry Technician.
- Chemical / Petrochemical Technician.
- Environmental and Quality Control Technician.
Agriculture. Fisheries and Food Industries
- Technical Agro-Food.
- Plant Production Technician (Agriculture).
- Animal Production Technician (Livestock).
- Agricultural Management Technician.
- Forest Resources Technician.
Local teams supervised by qualified personnel ensure the placement of the equipment and its installation, according to the technical specifications.
RETEP Project Numbers
- Polytechnic Institutes – 52
- Teacher Training – 10.000
- Students involved – 100.000